FIR: DC warning hears no ears

9:48 PM Posted by ukmad




Mr. M E Shivalingmurthy the Deputy Commissioner of Belgaum on 11th September 2007 had warned the various LPG Gas dealers in the city to assure timely delivery of LP gas cylinders. He had in very strong words warned the officials of the oil companies to see that the waiting time is reduced and the load of 300 cylinders is the waiting list the dealer will have to have. The DC had categorically mentioned that the 21 days waiting time for booking should be scrapped and also asked the companies from where this rule has been imposed.

But these dealers all have deaf ears. Nothing has happened still. I tired to see the truth. I was told I cant book a new cylinder within 21 days of I had got one. So if I have got a cylinder on 1 October I can book a new one only after 22 October and when I book then also the waiting period is another 10- 18 days.

So what can a common man with a single cylinder do? Kerosene is Rs.35 per liter and that also you don’t get readily. If the cylinder is over he/she will have to wait for another one to come for 30 days. Tough in some instances under hand warming can yield you a cylinder in 3-4 days but the warming fees range from Rs.50 – 100 as per your need. One more new thing is the write some number of the cylinder and when the gas dealer comes with the refill cylinder he asks for the same cylinder he had given to you a month back or so. So if you had taken somebody else’s cylinder then he cant get a new one till he gives his old one. What a mess?

My only point is these oil companies don’t hear to the DC then what will they hear to a common man. We all face the same things and just keep quiet. Now is the time we all need to come out of this paradigm.

A request to all those whose relatives or parents still stay in Belgaum kindly ask them the situation how it is in this case? Kindly give comments on this.
These are comments I have received on this topic, I thought they need a mention in this story:
1) This issue needs to be raised as the government is also involved in creating this fake shortage as the oil companies want the rates to be raised.I assure you that once the cylinder rates are raised you will find the supply come to normal.why does this happen only in Congress government tenure,Whereas in times of BJP goverment the gas agents were behind us to give new connections.Dont you think that there is something fishy in this.
2) It's the same fate, as I was there in Bgm couple of weeks back..I wanted a refill of gas cylinder but was denied coz I did not book any cylinder in past 90days. Officials asked me to give a letter for non usage of gas for those 90 days – huh it my cylinder I will use it or not why do I have to explain my non usage??? Oil companies are taking the advantage & harassing the common man. Waiting period is min. > 15 days after booking. But I got it in 1 day after shelling out 150 to the delivery chap. Time is not too far where we would get gas in pipes at our door steps by Reliance. These oils companies pressurized the govt. not to grant permission to Reliance as it would hamper their money making business. I hope time changes for the better of belgaumites!!

4 comments:

  1. N@chi said...

    It's the same fate, as I was there in Bgm couple of weeks back..I wanted a refill of gas cylinder but was denied coz I did not book any cylinder in past 90days. Officials asked me to give a letter for non usage of gas for those 90 days – huh it my cylinder I will use it or not why do I have to explain my non usage??? Oil companies are taking the advantage & harassing the common man. Waiting period is min. > 15 days after booking. But I got it in 1 day after shelling out 150 to the delivery chap. Time is not too far where we would get gas in pipes at our door steps by Reliance. These oils companies pressurized the govt. not to grant permission to Reliance as it would hamper their money making business. I hope time changes for the better of belgaumites!!

  2. Anonymous said...

    well done man this issue needs to be raised as the government is also involved in creating this fake shortage as the oil companies want the rates to be raised.I assure you that once the cylinder rates are raised you will find the supply come to normal.why does this happen only in Congress government tenure,Whereas in times of BJP goverment the gas agents were behind us to give new connections.Dont you think that there is something fishy in this..

  3. Brahmanand Chipre said...

    Hello there !
    Even i was there in belgaum for 5 days back from now. I was messed up by the tourture they gave me. i was in Belgaum Gas Agency for a totally New Gas connection, but to my surprise they told me that the waiting list for the new connection is 6-7 months as of now and so i need to wait till then, and also ha when we take a new Gas stove from the same Agency they will give the connection in 3 days. I asked, Why was it so that only on taking the new Gas stove we are given a Regulator and new cylinder ? he said its the new rules and if u want u better take or wait for 6-7 months. i was shoked by this act. What should a newly married couple do when they need a new Gas connection. how will they manage for 6-7 months time for cooking with Kerosene and Hotels ? these Gas Agencies are really hampering us and we young people will ahve to take an action against them.

    " Together we can and We will "

    Brahma.

  4. ukmad said...

    very well said, all face the same problems but nothing is done

Post a Comment