Effigy I am in great demand

8:32 PM Posted by ukmad

In the recent years I am have become a need to all the political parties big or small. Not only parties; I am now the main element around which an entire agitation revolves.
I have been in Belgaum from many years, but in the past week or so I have got a great demand for my self after the rake up of the border dispute once again.
Did you all get who am I, NO, I am “Effigy” A crude figure or dummy representing a hated person or group.
I am made in all sizes and figures with many faces most of them very flagitious, but even then I am made with care and then carried along to a center of the circle and my favorite circle is Chennamma Circle. Where after shouting slogans a few who made me keep me in the center of the circle and when all the traffic is blocked “I feel like a hero, with people from all angles looking at me and the media jumping, sitting to get a good angle of me”.
After all shoutiung is done it my time to get some harsh beating with chappals and sandals and then some inflammable material is thrown on me and I am set a aflame.
Things just dont end here for me, infact once I am set on fire people pound on me from all directions, kick me, throw me and get out all the ill feeling they have about some one out on me as if I was in real the person who they hated.
After some flashes by the media as I am set a blaze and I collapse down on the earth, where my end is near, the people who made me again shout slogans and leave me alone and walk away.
My mortal remains are then thrown away in a unruly and unacceptable manner by the Police usually on the side of the road where my life comes to an end, but I am happy to die, as I have come of some use to them, they may be “Marathi' or “Kannada'. Thats my story- Effigy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment