I am helpless kindly bear with me

8:41 PM Posted by ukmad

“Thousands of people come to me and travel to their destinations day in and day out. For so many years I am helping the rural folks come to city and vice a versa. May it be Monsoons or Summers for me it does not really matter. I am always there to serve each and everyone.
When I was made years back I was the main landmark people used to assign to. But now things have changed, with time passing by my importance to some extent has been ablated. Blame it on my owners or people running the show.
Do you know by now who I am? I am CBT, Central Bus stand.
Many plans were made for my revival but nothing concrete has happened with me. Very lately on this very site I had read that NWKRTC had planned to revamp me completely and tenders were floated in 2009 but Nobody came forward bid for my development on BOT basis.

The BOT plan


The plan was to develop a shopping complex within my premises and build a new terminal building. The shops in the building would be let out for 30 years, and I guess this was the reason why no one came forward for my development, as all thought that a 30 year period is not enough to get the return on investment.
A new BOT plan is being developed let us see if there are any takers for this at least or no.
 Today I am with the same space and area and handling more passengers and buses than I can handle which is causing a lot of jams within my area itself. Belgaum has grown many a folds but I have not grown, I am still the same built years ago.
Buses coming in and going out is such a great exercise that it takes more than 20 minutes for buses to just leave from the platform as the space is not enough for buses to turn and wait.
Many of my cousins in Hubli and Dharwad who were shifted to newer locations were not received properly by the citizens, hence even my shifting was dropped.
Some other plans were also made earlier to shift me to a new bigger location on the outskirts but that too never happened. Not much care is being taken currently as my owners say I would have to go one day, I am so helpless when I see women and children alighting from the bus in the rains and they have no shed as well. The road within is also full of pot holes which causes a lot of hardships.
About 1500+ two wheelers are parked everyday and even this space is now not sufficient for parking and commuters there as well are not happy with me.
As of today only a few new boards have been put at many places but by doing just this I wont be happy.
What can I do?
With time and increase in population I need to grow but that has not happened. The government should look at me and take steps to improve my status so that more and more people travel safely to their destinations and also the state gets the money.
Till something is done to improve me I am helpless, kindly bear with me.”
- Central Bus Stand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment